Impressing your guests is one thing, but surprising your guests is another! Here are some unconventional ideas for a wedding to boost your wedding’s visuals and overall experience for you and your guests.
Switch up the desserts
If you’re a huge fan of cake then by all means, stick with the usual wedding cake. I’m not saying to scrap the cake completely, but there are so many ways to switch things up when it comes to desserts.
- Unique flavours or cake designs can be a great way to switch things up and even incorporate elements of your personality, childhood or even your heritage into your dessert.
- Cupcake towers are becoming increasingly popular and may be a different and possibly more practical wedding dessert choice. Each cupcake can be decorated however you want and can even have a mix of flavours and designs! The way that the cupcakes are arranged can be suited to the aesthetic of the room to create a beautiful display!
- DIY dessert bars can be super fun for you and your guests. Guests can pick and choose from a range of bases, toppings and so on to create a dessert of their choosing. This can range from cakes, cupcakes, pudding, cookies, ice cream, and even chocolate bars, lollipops and sprinkles. Everything that is included can have significance to you or your partner and you can even include a little backstory to each on the labels!
- Edible centerpieces are not only cute and exciting for guests, but also a way to kill two birds with one stone. A small cupcake tower can be in the middle of the table or even a small cake on a decorated cake stand. If you really want to do something different, a chocolate or candy sculpture can be used as a centerpiece.
- Branches can be great centerpieces because of their versatility. You can hang almost anything on branches or decorate them however you want. Pictures of the couple, family and friends can be hung on branches for guests to look at, fairy lights can be strung along the branches and you could even hang christmas ornaments on the branches!
- Floating or suspended centerpieces are definitely not something you see every day, these super cool centerpieces will definitely shock your guests. These can be set up by hanging centerpieces from above or having helium balloons decorated. You can do a lot with these floating centerpieces to suit the theme and aesthetic of your wedding. Your guests will definitely awed by this type of centerpieces.
Mix up the music
- Song requests can be made when guests RSVP to your wedding so that everyone gets up and moving and your dance floor is full! Your guests will be excited about their song requests being played and feel very special to you and your wedding, having contributed something to it.
- Customize your own song for an extra special moment with your partner. Working with your wedding band to customize your own song will be a great experience and the end product will be something that means a lot to you. Having a customized song at your wedding is something that everyone will remember!
- Don’t stick to the usual wedding playlists, have your band play songs that mean a lot to you! Throw some upbeat tunes in there too, pop hits, indie songs, rock, mix it up! Keep your guests on their feet, dancing along to a wide range of songs being played by the wedding band!